Your first day is all about getting familiar with your surroundings.
By taking a tour of the office and meeting your new colleagues, you will start to learn more about your department and the Division of Student Affairs.
Additionally, your first day should include:
• A tour of the building including all facilities (eg. elevators, stairs, exits, restrooms, kitchen area, breakroom, copier, office supply area, mail area)
• Distribution of office keys and fob/building access, and show how to lock office doors (mention after hours access)
• A review how to make calls and set up voicemail
• Gator 1 ID Card – coordinate authorization online with your college/unit; new hires on UF
• Advancement payroll will be authorized by (review as appropriate)
• Review parking options through the UF Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) office, or call 352-392-8048
• Schedule meeting with IT to review technology, if applicable
• Schedule time for new employee to complete new hire paperwork with HR/TM representative (if not already completed)
• New employee photos are scheduled via DSA Marketing Team (set date and time)
• Team meeting
• One-on-one meeting with supervisor
Get to Know Gainesville
Known for being citizen-centered, you'll find just about everything you'll need in Gainesville. From the natural beauty of our wide-open trails, to the hospitality of our tight-knit community, to the stores you love and the ones you'll discover, it's all here.