At the six month marker, you should be settled into a rhythm.
Now is the time to ask questions and make sure your comfortable with the your role. Be sure to reach out to your supervisor regularly, establishing solid and clear communication lines.
Additional items to complete by your six month mark:
• Reach out to your colleagues both within your department and across Student Affairs (it is likely you will collaborate outside of your department on projects and initiatives)
• Review your job description with your supervisor and identify areas of success and challenge (should be completed after the first month and again at the three month mark)
• Complete your 90-day check-in and review your performance metrics and goals
• Finalize your retirement enrollment: You have until 90 days from your start date to sign up
• Complete probationary performance appraisal with your supervisor (should be completed by the six month mark)
• Check out the professional development classes at Human Resource Services
• Finalize your benefits enrollment (you have until 60 days from your start date to sign up!)
• Complete the following trainings:
Questions about your on-boarding experience?
Reach out to your departmental HR representative or meet with talent management representative, Jaime Gresley.