WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
We are excited for your arrival and know there is a lot that takes place when starting a new job. Below are a few items that you and/or your supervisor will help you complete prior to your first day. Prior to your first day, you will receive an email from your supervisor with specifics on where to go and what to expect on your first day.
Before your first day, your supervisor will:
• Request UFL email address
• Provide access to computer or laptop
• Prepare your work area including: clean office, office supplies, office phone, computer setup and technology, office keys and/or fob
• Order business cards, name tag, desk nameplate and/or door nameplate
• Create a full calendar for first 90 days in Outlook including: Weekly meetings with hiring manager (refer to supervisor check-in questions), recurring team meetings, all-staff meetings, continuing education sessions, mandatory/recommended trainings and orientations (refer to training checklist), meetings with key stakeholders, and benefits & retirement study time (allocate 2-3 hours).
• Update department/college/unit website directory, if applicable
• Arrange temporary parking: Should schedules or circumstances prohibit the new hire to obtain a decal on their 1st day, additional day(s) may be arranged.
Review your Benefits
We also encourage you to explore the benefits the University of Florida provides before arriving. You will have time once you start to sign up for things, but the more familiar you are with the options the better.