Student Affairs faculty and staff are invited to nominate their colleagues or themselves for awards to be presented at the Student Affairs Team Huddle on Feb. 17, 2021. Please considered nominating colleagues based on their work between Jan. 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. Award nominations will be reviewed and selected by the Vice President and Executive Team.
Nominations are open until Feb. 5 at 5 p.m.
Nominations are open for the following awards:
- Patricia Telles-Irvin Mentorship Award – This award recognizes and celebrates formal and/or informal mentorship across the Division. The award recipient regularly invests in other staff members, helping to guide them outside of a supervisory relationship.
- Hero Award – This award recognizes consistent, top-notch work provided by a custodial or maintenance team member. The award recipient exemplifies great pride in providing critical work that ensures the Division’s ability to operate and serve students.
- Mort Wolfson Award – This award recognizes a faculty member who has supported Students Affairs. The Mort Wolfson Faculty Service Award was established to honor Professor Wolfson upon his retirement. It is given annually to a UF faculty member who exemplifies the values that Professor Wolfson modeled: Commitment and service to students and the University of Florida.
- Art Sandeen New Professional Award – The Art Sandeen Outstanding New Professional Award is given annually to a UF Division of Student Affairs staff member with less than three years of full-time Student Affairs experience who exemplifies the values that Dr. Sandeen modeled: Dedication to the profession, a love for students, commitment to mentoring others in the profession, and a commitment to academic excellence.
- Jack Kinzer Award – The John M. “Jack” Kinzer Award is for a UF student who exemplifies the characteristics that Mr. Kinzer modeled: Leadership and service to the UF community with a commitment to excellence, dedication, and integrity. Mr. Kinzer graduated from UF and is a member of the UF Hall of Fame. He serviced his country in WWII and rose to the rank of Brigadier General in the U.S. Army after which he returned to UF to begin a second career. Mr. Kinzer served as assistant vice president for Student Affairs until his retirement.
- Commitment to Collaboration Award – The Special Recognition Outside the Division Award recognizes the efforts of faculty and staff from other UF units that support student success at UF. We recognize individuals who enter into collaborative efforts and partnerships for special projects.
- Outstanding Graduate Student – Graduate assistants/graduate employees have a tremendous impact on Student Affairs and are a big part of what makes the Division of Student Affairs successful. This award honors graduate assistants/graduate employees who truly went above and beyond.